1.11.2010

to shar

This past week here in my new area has been a lot of fun. My new comp is so awesome. He is hilarious and a really great leader, and I'm learning a lot. When I'm with him tracting and stuff since he's Brazilian and fluent clearly in Portuguese, it gives me a confidence boost so I feel like I can speak better so then I actually do, and it's getting a lot better. It's so much fun.

It snowed here for the first time this year 3 to 5 inches or something, so we played in it a little bit. My comp has never been in snow so we had to, and it was fun though.

Yesterday I also gave my first legit talk in church. It went really well. It was about esperança. I wasn't even nervous, and the members all said I did a great job. I'm happy to give talks. I can tell when I make myself speak in front of people I get better at the language. And I didn't write what I was going to say, so it was all me speaking the language. It was awesome and so much fun.

This week we also got into my first house right there on the spot and taught the first lesson, which went really well. We have a return appointment with him as well this Saturday. I'm so happy. Ya, that's about all the highlights of the week. It was pretty good. I am having the time of my life out here, and time is flying by so fast.

That pic is me and my comp, Elder Cordeiro, right after church. This year Vila Real, where we are, is the coldest place in Portugal. Legit!

Love,
Elder Abreu

2 comments:

  1. Esmeralda Cifuentes1/20/2010 10:09 AM

    They look sooo happy. haha. It's Esme by the way :)

    Hi Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm those cars look familiar. Oh that's what our cars look like in the morning when it snows! I wonder how cold it actually is over there though?

    ReplyDelete