oh hello there.
Thats ok you didnt call the lady in riverside yet we didn't go to her house this past sunday because the main member we go and give the Sacrament to was sick so we stayed in Vila Real. But I think we will go this week so if you could talk to her that would be awesome.
Well my job it isn't that crazy I don't do all that much cuz our branch is really small. But ya its fun and I'm enjoying it. As for the renovations there is just a lot of mold patches in some spots and the cealing is coming apart a little bit. And in some rooms there are parts of the walls that are all bubbled up. So they're just fixing everything basically it should be great. But we have to stay there all day. They're on their lunch break right now so we decided to do our emails. But then we go back and we will be there probably all week. I'm gonna try to bust out a major portion of Jesus the Christ. We'll see how far I get.
That's cool your doing school and stuff. I am dreading the day I have to go back to that. But im sure it will be fun. maybe
I am really loving it here and thinking that i already have six months gone and only a year and a half left made me so sad. I feel like my mission still barely started. We watched the Other Side of Heaven in poruguese as a ward last night and I was sad when he finally went home at the end. It stinks it really does fly by.
Well we got transfer calls and I am staying here to drive of course but Elder Zabriskie is leaving and Cordeiro and I will now get Stanworth and we will be a tripla because they combined the two areas of Vila Real. So thats cool. And the other thing that is our district too. We are all alone. It's kind of funny but it will be fun. We have a huge house for only the three of us.
That's awesome. I love fast and testimony meeting. This week I had to give mine because we didn't have enought members. Everyone except this really old guy and a less active bore there testimonies and all four missionaries and we still had like 15 minutes left. So it was fun. The few members we do have are really strong.
But this week was really fun. We ran into this lady when we were knocking doors and it was kind of a miracle but she is kind of crazy. So we knock her door and she opens and I could tell she didn;t want anything and she almost closes it all the way. But then she opens it and comes into the hall and says hey do you want to come in. We said is anyone home and she says yes my husband is. So we go in and start talking to her and she says I dont usually let people in but God told me to let you guys in. So we were like wow no way this lady is gold. So we start teaching and talking about the gospel and she is closing her eyes really weird. And she says when I close my eyes I see you guys dressed in white and glowing. We didn't know what to say. so we pray and start teaching her the first lesson and she is accepting everything really well. It was really cool but strange just the way she was acting. So we give her a Book of Mormon and ask her to read and pray and stuff and she says I already know that everything you said and this book is true. So we marked a return appointment with her. And then we left. I don't know it was really cool and its either she is a little bit crazy or she is like the most elect and golden contact ever. So we pray for the best the next time we visit her.
It was fun though and I"m enjoying it here so much. Everyday is an adventure and we talk to so many people and the language is definately getting easier to understand and talk back to people. I still have trouble but I'm getting a lot better. It's awesome. Oh and I contacted my first drunk guy. Well he stopped us and was like what are you guys doing. So I taught him the second lesson and gave him a pamphlet he actually had a sad story his wife died and all of his kids moved away so you never know maybe he will actually read the pamphlet and call one day. God works in the most strange ways sometimes. It was funny though. I took a picture with him i will try and send it to you sometime.
But ya I'm doing fantastic and I am loving it here. Thanks for all of your support always. I love you guys so much and thanks for being such great parents. Keep up the good work and I love you and I am positive this church is true.
love
elder abreu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment